[Sticky] FAQ: Why Can't I Register? Why Did I not Receive an Email to Create my Password? Why Did I Get Banned During Registration? And More...
Rules and Announcements
Last Post by CHTC USA Sarah 3 years ago
Topic starter 13/01/2020 4:06 pm
Are you having trouble registering? Here is a list of issues we've been asked about.
1. Why didn't I get a link to create a password?
- The email most likely went into your spam or junk folder in your email client. Have the link resent to your email.
- If the link is not being sent, email the admin team and they can manually set the password and send it to you.
2. I was banned before I was able to post. Why?
- The admin team researches all new members. If your email came up on a list of blacklisted emails from spam detection searches, your account was preemptively banned.
- If this has happened to you, contact the admin team and your account will be immediately reinstated.
3. I don't understand how to register. How do I do it?
- To register, click the button that says "Register," found in the navigation menu at the top of the forum page (not the website navigation menu). After clicking this button, you will be prompted to enter your desired username and an email. A link to create a password will be sent to the email you provided. Click that link and create your password. You may now login.
- If you are having trouble with the link for password generation, please see item 1.
4. I don't have access to the email I used to register my account. Can you help me?
- You must have access to the email address you used to register your account in order to create a password.
- If you have lost access to your email address, the admin team will use their best judgement in returning the use of your account to you, however, we will need to be able to verify your identity to do so. If we cannot verify your identity in some way, we cannot give control of the account for safety reasons.
- For this reason, we suggest you use a strong password, do not use the same password on every website, and that you be aware of any possible phishing schemes that may compromise your account's security.
5. Can you help me with another concern regarding registration or account ownership?
- Please feel free to contact the admin team at any time. Admins may choose to help you at their best discretion.
Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions about HT-Series coaches or issues with the website!